The Rise of the Islamic Movement in Sudan (1945-1989)
Abdelwahid, Mustafa A.
This work applies Social Movement Theory (SMT) to the study of the Islamic Movement of Sudan, paying particular attention to understudied mechanisms of contention and successful expansion, and the factors which facilitated the Movement’s rise in influence.
“[This work] examines a topic on which very little is written in English, on its own terms, from the inside out, giving us a nuanced understanding of both the intellectual bases and the internal workings of the movement.”
– Prof. Jill Crystal, Auburn University
“. . . fills a gap in the existing literature by carefully detailing the conditions that gave rise to a powerful Islamic movement in Sudan . . .” - Prof. William Crowther, University of North Carolina
Table of Contents
Foreword by Prof. Jill Crystal
1. Introduction to Political Islam and Literature Review
3. Sudan: Historical Background
4. The Leading Ideologues of Contemporary Political Islam
5. The Islamic Movement in Sudan (1945-1989)
6. Factors that Influenced the Rise of the Islamic Movement in Sudan
ISBN10: 0-7734-5031-9 ISBN13: 978-0-7734-5031-8 Pages: 244 Year: 2008
hors série Number: 0
Subject Areas: African Studies,
Imprint: Edwin Mellen Press
USA List Price: $159.95 UK List Price: £109.95
Discounts: Discounts are available. Please
Register, or if you have already registered, Sign In, to view your personalized prices.